Primary Purpose of Position:
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for all aspects of donor relations and financial initiatives of the organization in order to meet strategic fundraising goals and create healthy donor relationships within our ministry.
Heart: Passions + Purpose
- This person must demonstrate a stable, mature Christian walk, reflecting the fruit of the Spirit
- They must have a passion to support the church vision and submit to its leadership
- Be an initiator, solution focused, servant spirit, and supportive team member
- Be emotionally healthy and able to manage several projects at once
- Prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Passion to Represent God to the Lost & Found for transformation in Christ
- Passion to help the church expand our vision through empowering partners to participate in unity
- Passion to help others identify their God-given purpose and work in that calling effectively
- Willing to become a member of Transformation Church and support the vision through accurate financial reporting and stewardship
Hand: Responsibilities + Duties
- Design, document, and implement a systematic and integrated donor relations program
- Build and oversee a comprehensive program including donor relations, stewardship, and special events which help to advance fundraising priorities.
- Responsible for the review and control of all gift acknowledgments, including receipts, thank you letters, pledge statements and endowment reports.
- Establish and manage information tracking processes to ensure on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors and members to enhance their relationship with TC and increase the likelihood of continued donations
- Oversight for proper handling and entry of all financial (cash, non-cash, online) donations for reporting to the Accounting department
- Devise creative campaigns for acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of individual and business donors
- Create systems to acknowledge and measure first-time, 2nd time and large gift donors
- Lead donor communication strategies, including in-person communications, direct mail, email, and social media recognition
- Direct a strategic plan to build donor relationships and trust through consistent and meaningful contact
- Lead the team responsible for executing donor events, such as Legacy Team events, facility tours, etc.
- Communicate to donors how their financial support is supporting the vision
- Create and update reports to track the progress of financial goals and other relevant measurable
- Create avenue for donors to provide testimonies of life change and the impact TC has had on their lives which led to donating
- Research and write funding requests of businesses, foundations, and other funders
- Solicit, manage, and acknowledge through correspondence in-kind donations for various events
- Handle donor complaints and/or concerns including donation refunds
- Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities in the established databases to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Develops and uses metrics to measure Donor Relations’ impact on organizational goals and creates an annual Donor Relations business plan to expand the impact of the program.
- All other duties assigned
Head: Knowledge + Training
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years of experience in donor management
- Possess strong organization, record keeping, and planning skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accomplish objectives
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to create and provide presentations to large or small groups
- Ability to create routine reports and correspondences
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations
- Must have the ability to communicate and work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment