Position Status: Salary, Full-time
Department: Next Gen
The Children’s Director provides direction and oversight for the entire TC Kidz ministry. The Children’s Director reports to the Next Gen Pastor and is responsible for pastoring of children and their families through the implementation of a ministry strategy.
HEART: Passions & Purpose
- Demonstrates a stable, mature Christian walk, reflecting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23)
- Passion for influencing and affecting children’s lives with the gospel of Christ
- Believes that children have the ability to influence their families with Christ through proper learning
- Passion to help create healthy childhood memories through the church
- Promotes strength and unity between families and the church
- Willing to become a member of TC and submit to direction of the Pastors and Lead Staff of TC
- A commitment to personal, spiritual and professional growth
HAND: Responsibilities & Duties
- Communicate a clear and compelling vision for the ministry that aligns with the overall vision of Transformation Church.
- Oversee the development of our ground and global TC Kidz ministry including goals and objectives.
- Oversee all aspects of children’s ministry administration to include: budget forecasting, security, equipment and supply inventory, distributions of curriculum materials and other educational resources.
- Oversee the implementation of volunteer onboarding, family engagement, student transition etc.
- Oversee and develop TC Kidz assimilation plan, volunteer training, staff and intern development
- Oversee and develop TC Kidz programming for the weekend and online experiences including special event planning i.e. Fun Month, Child Dedication, Parent Night Out etc.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for a children’s Christian education program that is part of the church’s weekend service schedule.
- Effectively lead, build, develop and evaluate staff, volunteers and interns to meet ministry objectives
- Attend and participate in all weekend services, special times of worship, leadership meetings, large church-wide events, etc
- And all other duties as assigned
HEAD: Knowledge & Training
- At least 2 years of children’s ministry experience
- Organized, detail oriented, great time-management
- Ability to innovate build and add on to kids ministry trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to pursue continuous learning opportunities and to stay current with church culture and TC Kidz needs
- Strong leadership skills and ability to strategize, organize volunteers, and managing multiple tasks/projects in a time-sensitive manner
- Must Have Proficient Skills in : Communication, leadership, organization and kids ministry.